The number one thing you can do is to choose your piece carefully, love it and keep it in your wardrobe for many years to come. If one day you decide it’s not for you anymore, please make the effort to pass it onto someone you know will love it. If it wears out, just cut it up into small pieces and put it into your compost or bury it and it will break down in no time.
Some tips to ensure the longevity of your piece:
- Spot wash your garment to reduce the amount of times you need to wash it (this will also reduce your water and energy consumption).
- Hand wash as much as you can, if you must machine wash choose a gentle setting and wash with cold water.
- Choose a natural detergent.
- Line dry your garment in the shade. Hemp is very UV resistant but the garment will last a lot longer if it is hung in the shade.
- Repair! If your garment becomes worn or is accidentally damaged, repair it quickly to avoid further damage. Not sure how? Ask us! You can reach us email@example.com